WORKBOOK课文句子跟读音频
Unit 1
WORKBOOK
工作簿
UNIT 1
第 1 单元
Reading and Writing
阅读与写作
1 Read the text below and then match the main ideas with the paragraphs.
1 阅读下面的文本,然后将主要观点与段落相匹配。
THE CHINESE SPRING FESTIVAL
中国春节
The Chinese Spring Festival is regarded as the most significant festival of the year among the Chinese.
春节被认为是中国人一年中最重要的节日。
It lasts for 15 days but Chinese people also consider the days of preparation beforehand as an important part of the Spring Festival.
它持续 15 天,但中国人也认为提前准备是春节的重要组成部分。
There are a number of things people usually do before the Chinese Spring Festival.
春节前人们通常会做很多事情。
One of these is cleaning the house for the Lunar New Year.
其中之一是为农历新年打扫房子。
Dust makes people think of old or outdated things.
灰尘让人想起旧的或过时的东西。
Therefore, sweeping dust out of the house is a way of saying goodbye to old things and welcoming new things.
因此,打扫房子的灰尘是告别旧事物、迎接新事物的一种方式。
Another important custom for families is to decorate their doors with red couplets.
家庭的另一个重要习俗是用红对联装饰他们的门。
The phrases on the couplets express hopes for a prosperous new year.
对联上的短语表达了对新年繁荣昌盛的希望。
In the southern part of China, people will buy fresh flowers or orange trees to decorate their homes.
在中国南方,人们会买鲜花或橘子树来装饰他们的家。
The most important custom of the Chinese Spring Festival is the big family dinner on the eve of the Lunar New Year.
中国春节最重要的习俗是农历新年前夕的大家庭聚餐。
This is usually a big reunion of grandparents, parents, and children.
这通常是祖父母、父母和孩子的团聚。
It reflects how important family is to Chinese people around the world.
这反映了家庭对世界各地的中国人有多重要。
That is why millions of Chinese people travel long distances to get home before the eve of the Lunar New Year.
这就是为什么数百万中国人在农历新年前夕长途跋涉回家。
Also, families typically eat certain types of lucky food at the family reunion dinner.
此外,家庭团聚晚餐通常会吃某些类型的幸运食品。
Eating fish, for example, is supposed to bring more wealth and prosperity than one needs, as the pronunciation of 'fish' in Chinese (yu) is also used for 'surplus'.
例如,吃鱼被认为会带来比一个人所需更多的财富和繁荣,因为“鱼”在中文(yu)的发音中也用于表示“盈余”。
When the New Year comes, there are many interesting festival activities.
新年到来时,有许多有趣的节日活动。
Adults give children 'lucky money' in red envelopes.
成年人给孩子们装在红包里的“压岁钱”。
People greet family and friends with 'Xinnian Hao' or 'Gongxi Facai' whenever they may meet.
每当家人和朋友见面时,人们都会用“新年好”或“恭喜发财”来问候他们。
Another part of this custom of sharing good wishes is to pay visits to relatives and bring them gifts.
这种分享美好祝愿的习俗的另一部分是拜访亲戚并给他们带礼物。
Commonly exchanged gifts include food such as fruit, sticky rice cakes, and homemade desserts.
通常交换的礼物包括水果、糯米糕和自制甜点等食物。
In addition, friends and family go out to enjoy loud and colourful fireworks, spend time at temple fairs, and watch exciting dragon and lion dances.
此外,朋友和家人外出欣赏喧闹多彩的烟花,在庙会上度过时光,观看激动人心的舞龙舞狮。
The Chinese Spring Festival symbolises a farewell to the old year and a warm welcome to the brand new year.
中国的春节象征着对旧年的告别和对崭新的一年的热烈欢迎。
More importantly, it is a special occasion to return home and gratefully reunite with family members.
更重要的是,这是一个回家与家人团聚的特殊时刻。
This deeply rooted tradition has been an integral part of Chinese culture for a very long time, and will continue to live forever in the hearts of the Chinese people.
长期以来,这一根深蒂固的传统一直是中国文化不可分割的一部分,并将永远活在中国人民的心中。
Unit 2
UNIT 2
第 2 单元
WORKBOOK
工作簿
Reading and Writing
阅读与写作
1 Read the story and answer this question:
1 阅读故事并回答以下问题:
Why will the writer never forget the taxi ride?
为什么作者永远不会忘记乘坐出租车的经历?
THE TAXI RIDE I'LL NEVER FORGET
我永远不会忘记的出租车之旅
(adapted from the story of the same name by Kent Nerburn)
(改编自肯特·内伯恩的同名故事)
Twenty years ago, I drove a taxi.
二十年前,我开出租车。
One time, I was called at midnight to pick someone up.
有一次,我半夜被叫去接人。
When I arrived, the building was completely dark except for one light in a window.
当我到达时,除了窗户上的一盏灯外,整栋楼一片漆黑。
I walked to the door and knocked. After a long wait, the door opened.
我走到门口敲门。等了很久,门开了。
A small woman in her 80s stood before me.
一位 80 多岁的小个子女人站在我面前。
By her side was a small suitcase.
她身边有一个小行李箱。
'Would you carry my bag out to the car?' she said.
“你能帮我把包拿到车上吗?”她说。
I took her suitcase and gave her my arm. We walked slowly to the street.
我接过她的行李箱,伸出胳膊。我们慢慢地走到街上。
She kept thanking me for my kindness. 'It's nothing,' I told her.
她不停地感谢我的好意。 “没什么,”我告诉她,
'I try to treat my passengers how I want my mother treated.'
“我尽量以我希望我的母亲被对待的方式来对待我的乘客。”
'You're such a good boy,' she said.
“你真是个好孩子,”她说。
When we got in the taxi, she gave me an address.
当我们上车时,她给了我一个地址。
Then she asked, 'Could you drive through the downtown?'
然后她问:“你能开车穿过市中心吗?”
'It's not the shortest way,' I answered.
“这不是最短的路,”我回答。
'I don't mind,' she said.'
“我不介意,”她说,
I'm in no hurry. I'm on my way to a hospice.'
“我不着急。我正在去临终关怀医院的路上。”
I saw her eyes shining with tears.
我看见她的眼睛里闪着泪水。
'I don't have any family left,' she continued.
“我没有家人了,”她继续说,
'The doctor says I don't have very long.'
“医生说我活不了多久了。”
I quietly turned off the meter.
我悄悄地关掉了计价器。
'What road do you want me to take?' I asked.
“你想让我走哪条路?”我问。
For hours, we drove through the city.
这几个小时,我们开车穿过这座城市。
She showed me the building where she had once worked.
她给我看了她曾经工作过的那栋楼。
We drove through the neighbourhood where she and her husband had lived.
我们开车穿过她和她丈夫住过的街区。
Sometimes she asked me to just slow down while she sat staring into the darkness, saying nothing.
有时她让我慢下来,而她坐在那里盯着黑暗,什么也没说。
As the sun was coming up, she suddenly said, 'I'm tired. Let's go now.'
太阳升起时,她突然说:“我累了。我们走吧。”
We drove in silence to the hospice.
我们默默地开车去了临终关怀医院。
As we pulled up, two nurses were waiting for us.
当我们停车时,两名护士正在等我们。
They helped her into a wheelchair.
他们帮她坐上轮椅。
'How much do I owe you?' she asked me, reaching for her purse.
“我欠你多少钱?”她伸手去拿钱包,问我。
'Nothing,' I said. Without thinking, I leaned down and gave her a hug.
“不用钱,”我说。我不假思索地弯下腰,给了她一个拥抱。
She hugged me tightly.
她紧紧地拥抱了我。
'You gave an old woman a little moment of joy,' she said. 'Thank you.'
“你给了一位老妇人片刻的欢乐,”她说。“非常感谢。”
I squeezed her hand and then walked back to my taxi.
我捏了捏她的手,然后走回我的出租车。
For the rest of that day, I could hardly talk.
那天剩下的时间里,我几乎说不出话来。
I believe I have never done anything more important in my life.
我相信我这辈子从未做过比这更重要的事。
We usually think that our lives are defined by great moments.
我们通常认为我们的生活是由伟大的时刻决定的。
But I now realise that great moments catch us by surprise, because they often seem quite small.
但我现在意识到,伟大的时刻会让我们大吃一惊,因为它们往往看起来很小。
Unit 3
UNIT 3
第 3 单元
WORKBOOK
工作簿
Reading and Writing
阅读与写作
1 Read the web page and fill in the blanks below.
1 阅读网页并填写以下空白处。
SYMBOLS OF AMERICAN CULTURE
美国文化的象征
Each country has its own unique culture, often represented by symbols, such as foods, sports, music, and clothes, which tell us something about it.
每个国家都有自己独特的文化,通常由象征来代表,例如食物、运动、音乐和衣服等,这些象征告诉我们一些关于它的事情。
When you think of America, what symbols come to your mind first?
当你想到美国时,你首先想到的是什么象征?
Perhaps one of the most famous symbols of the US is fast food.
也许美国最著名的象征之一就是快餐。
Fast-food restaurants became popular when people began driving cars around the country.
当人们开始在全国各地开车时,快餐店变得很受欢迎。
Many of the earliest fast-food restaurants were drive-ins where people ate in their cars while they were parked.
许多最早的快餐店都是免下车的,人们停在车里吃饭。
However, now drive-throughs have become popular because people need to keep up with the speed of modern life.
然而,现在免下车已经流行起来,因为人们需要跟上现代生活的速度。
With a drive-through, you can just drive up to a window, pick up the food, and then drive away.
有了免下车服务,你可以开车到窗户前,拿起食物,然后开车离开。
About 20% of all American meals are eaten in the car, and Americans spend about 10% of their income on fast food.
大约 20% 美国人的饭菜都是在车里吃的,美国人把大约 10% 的收入花在快餐上。
No wonder America is called the 'Fast-Food Nation'!
难怪美国被称为“快餐之国”!
When it comes to seeing a game in person, baseball is by far the most popular sport in America.
说到现场观看比赛,棒球无疑是美国最受欢迎的运动。
In a typical year, more people attend baseball games than football and basketball games combined.
在典型的一年中,观看棒球比赛的人数超过了足球和篮球比赛的总和。
And for most people, baseball is 'America's game' in a way that football and basketball are not, because it is a special symbol of the American spirit.
对大多数人来说,棒球以一种橄榄球和篮球所不具备的方式成为“美国的运动”,因为它是一种特殊的美国精神的象征。
For one thing, while baseball is a team sport, every player can be a hero or star.
一方面,虽然棒球是一项团队运动,但每个球员都可以成为英雄或明星。
Unit 4
UNIT 4
第 4 单元
WORKBOOK
工作簿
Reading and Writing
阅读与写作
1 Read the text below and answer the questions.
1 阅读以下文本并回答问题。
HOMES ON MARS?
火星上的家园?
Some of the world's most important scientists think the idea of people living on Mars will come true one day.
世界上一些最重要的科学家认为,人类有一天会在火星上生活。
They believe humans must move into space to survive.
他们认为,为了生存,人类必须移居太空。
Robert Zubrin, a rocket scientist, thinks starting with Mars makes the most sense.
火箭科学家罗伯特·祖布林认为,从火星开始是最合理的。
He thinks sending people to Mars will allow us to learn a lot—for example, about the ability of humans to live in a very different environment.
他认为,将人类送往火星将使我们学到很多——例如,关于人类在截然不同的环境中生存的能力。
However, scientists will need to terraform Mars for people to be able to live.
然而,科学家需要改造火星以便人类能够生存。
Terraforming means changing the environment on a planet so that it is similar to Earth's.
改造意味着改变一个星球的环境,使其类似于地球的环境。
One of the main goals of terraforming Mars is to warm it up because the average temperature there is about -60℃.
改造火星的主要目标之一是使其变暖,因为那里的平均温度约为 -60℃ 。
One idea for warming Mars is to build factories there that produce greenhouse gases.
一种使火星变暖的想法是在那里建立生产温室气体的工厂。
This could take many centuries. However, it should lead to rainfall and the growth of plants, resulting in more air that people can breathe.
这可能需要几个世纪。然而,这应该会导致降雨和植物生长,从而产生更多可供人类呼吸的空气。
Another big concern for scientists is whether humans can move to Mars and still stay healthy in mind and body.
科学家们的另一个大担忧是人类能否移居火星并保持身心健康。
Unit 5
UNIT 5
第 5 单元
WORKBOOK
工作簿
Reading and Writing
阅读与写作
1 Read the following scene from <i>The Million Pound Bank Note</i> and choose a phrase to summarise it.
1 阅读《百万英镑》中的场景,并选择一个短语进行总结。
THE MILLION POUND BANK NOTE ACT 2, SCENE 3
百万英镑 第 2 幕,第 3 场
Henry and Portia fell in love.
亨利和波西娅相爱了。
Henry also met an old family friend who had money troubles.
亨利还遇到了一位有经济困难的老家族朋友。
His friend used Henry's name to get people to invest in his gold mine.
这位朋友利用亨利的名字让人们投资他的金矿。
This made Henry rich. A month has passed.
这使亨利变得富有。一个月过去了。
Knowing the two brothers were back, Henry dressed himself in the finest clothes and went to see them with Portia.
知道两个兄弟回来了,亨利穿上最漂亮的衣服,带着波西娅去见他们。
(<i>At the brothers'home, the servant lets them in. The two brothers are seated, waiting.</i>)
(在兄弟俩的家中,仆人让他们进来了。两兄弟坐着,等待着。)
Good morning, gentlemen.
早上好,先生们。
(<i>Roderick seems very surprised to see Portia.</i>) Portia, these are the men who helped me.
(罗德里克看到波西亚时显得非常惊讶。)波西亚,这些都是帮助我的人。
So very nice to meet you, kind sirs. (<i>She gives Oliver a wink.</i>)
很高兴见到你们,亲爱的先生们。(她向奥利弗眨了眨眼。)
Gentlemen, I'm ready to report.
先生们,我准备报告了。
Er ... Portia, I ...
呃⋯⋯波西亚,我⋯⋯
Now we can decide the result of the bet which Roderick and I made.
现在我们可以决定罗德里克和我打赌的结果了。
If you've won for me, you shall have any job as my gift.
如果你为我赢了,作为我的礼物你可以得到任何工作。
Have you got the million-pound bank note?
你有那张百万英镑的钞票吗?
Here it is, sir.
在这里,先生。
I've won! Now what do you say, Roderick?
我赢了!罗德里克,你说呢?
I say that I've lost twenty thousand pounds. Why, that is amazing, man!
我说我输了两万英镑。天哪,这太令人惊讶了!
Come, let's be going now, Portia.
来吧,我们走吧,波西亚。
But wait, wait! The job, you know.
但是等等,等等!你知道,这份工作。
I ought to give you a job, as I promised.
我应该给你一份工作,正如我承诺的那样。
Well, thank you very much, but I really don't want one now.
好吧,非常感谢,但我现在真的不想要。
Henry, I'm disappointed in you. You didn't thank the gentlemen properly.
亨利,我对你很失望。你没有好好感谢那些先生们。
May I do it for you?
让我替你做吧?
Let me see you try.
让我看看你试着做一次。
人教版必修三英语WORKBOOK单词跟读音频
单词跟读remind
skin
insect
concern
plain
pressure
species
mass
shoot
reserve
herd
neighbourhood
hunter
fin
Tibet
alarm
emotion
exist
measure
rating
aware
profit
intend
dolphin
creature
due
authority
shark
recover
antelope
切换教材